Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Street-Preaching In Denver Harbor With Christian Signs!

Yesterday, Tuesday, August 23, 2016 I was led of the Lord to do something I actually haven't done before here in this area officially...

That is, I actually had me two hand-carrying small white cardboard Christian signs to go out and witness with to the people.

One sign read on the front and back, "JESUS CHRIST LOVES YOU!" and the other sign read on front and back, "LORD JESUS CHRIST LOVES ALL PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!" as I had wrote a while back.

I had on my black backpack, my medium-sized shoulder-carry white bag and my green laptop computer bag towed by me as I carried the two Christian cardboard signs on my way walking up Hoffman Street.

When I got to Lyons Washateria at the cross-intersection of Lyons Avenue I took a brief break as has been a routine deal for me and after that went back over to a gray and red Fiesta shopping cart to put my belongings in to push along as I held up both of the Christian cardboard signs to the people standing on the curbsides of the sidewalks on Lyons Avenue.

Now looking back in retrospect I looked like a full-fledged, "fleshed-out" homeless person with bags in a shopping cart and holding up "cardboard signs" as though people may have perceived I was "using Christianity" to "beg and panhandle" people on the streets for money; when in actuality on my part I was doing NOTHING of the sort!

I mean, I understand their perceptions because it's common knowledge and stereotype that oftentimes people pushing shopping carts on the streets and at the same time holding up signs are usually "homeless people" out begging people for money; but that was never my intention or purpose on the first place, so I can understand any possible confusion or misunderstanding on their part.

Such was the case when walking further down on Lyons Avenue close up by the Library, I came by Lorenzo's Tire Shop and an older black man saw me pushing my shopping cart of belongings and holding up my Christian cardboard signs to people driving by in their vehicles. He went up to the wired fence and offered me some money, but I politely declined telling him, "No, I don't want any money." and proceeded to ask him shortly if he need the Gospel of Jesus Christ (KJV 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and if he went to a Christian church and so forth. But I only got a few seconds to talk to him as he had walked off a little while back to his business and work; though I think he got the message. Amen.

So yeah, made it to the park and parked the Fiesta shopping cart by the corner concrete trail of the concrete patio of the green gazebo where many of the local homeless/street people hang out at throughout the day, so they could use the shopping cart if they needed it.

After that, with personal belongings on my back I went into the library to handle my business for that day.

Flash-forward to today, Wednesday, August 24, 2016 I was led of the Lord to place up the two Christian cardboard signs standing up on the two barbecue grill stands here at Cliff Tuttle Park that they may be a witness to people who have come to the park to think of God and His Son, Lord Jesus Christ that some people might be brought to repentance and SALVATION. Amen.

By that reason, I've discarded the Christian cardboard signs as an effective witness without throwing them away into the garbage and/or recycling cans/dumpsters. This is what the Lord imparted me to do as I put down one work in His Name to look forward to His Next, God-willing... Amen!

~ Sincerely,

Bro. Jed




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Brief Spontaneous "Piggly Wiggly" Surprise...

It's been a great while since I've had good opportunity to be able to give someone one of my handwritten " Jesus Christ LOVES ...