Friday, April 29, 2016

Thursday 'N Friday: Spirit-Led Encounters...

Yesterday, Thursday, April 28, 2016...

As I was coming out of the library (on the way home last night) the Lord gave me opportunity by the Spirit to witness Christ to an older black man outside at Cliff Tuttle Park who was sitting on top of a wooden table bench with his basketball in between his lap; taking a break from some practice I figure.

... So I walk over to him and we didn't even exchange words in conversation but I handed him over a "Jesus Christ LOVES You!" Gospel of Jesus Christ (KJV 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) gospel tract to which he naturally accepted and as I was walking off it started to sprinkle and then pour down rain in the dark gray, gloomy sky of the late evening... I said, "Whoa, looks like it's going to rain. I'm on my way home" as I walked away from the brothah...

_____________________________________________________________________________

Now today, Friday, April 29, 2016...

On my way to the library I came across this elder black man and a Hispanic man sitting at green iron table benches underneath the big, spacious local green gazebo many people frequent. I walked over in the direction in hopes I was led of the Spirit to witness Christ to either of the men: hopefully BOTH because that's what was on my willing heart to do...

I first made eye contact and body language signaling I was going to the elder black man first but the Hispanic man seemed to be busy texting on his smartphone or doing something; so I didn't go to him first or at all.

I went to ask the elder black man "How are you doing?" and handed him a "Jesus Christ LOVES You!" Gospel of Jesus Christ (KJV 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) gospel tract and said "It's about Jesus" but he said "Thanks, but I already know the Lord".

Long story short the elder black man was drinking a can of beer and was talking about his sister and some things about U.S. President Barack Obama that I couldn't hardly understand because he was mumbling a little and I was feeling "impatient" and didn't think we were getting anywhere. I had things to do and I was not understanding what the man was saying but I kept him company as I perceive he wanted someone to be there and talk to him; though I didn't want to drag time out if I wasn't even really listening to him at the time. Although before leaving him, I said I would pray for him and his sister; that they be "reconciled" (since from what I could tell, they may not have as "good-a-relationship" as would be ideal) and went on into the library...



Our lives are FINITE while we're here on earth and now, more than ever, I am determined not to waste time with people who are not serious about God and Things Above, but just the "pettiness" of our every day lives. I've got things to do and any serious Christian serving the Lord ALWAYS has work to do. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Brief Spontaneous "Piggly Wiggly" Surprise...

It's been a great while since I've had good opportunity to be able to give someone one of my handwritten " Jesus Christ LOVES ...