Friday, October 9, 2015

A Brother In Christ's Life Testimony

Today, Friday, October 9, 2015 was a GLORIOUS DAY in the Lord!

I walked to the Cliff Tuttle Branch Houston Public Library expecting to go into the library to use the public computers.

I found out the library did not open until 1:00p.m-5:00p.m; so after taking a break sitting at a table I went to sit down at a bench table under a gazebo at Cliff Tuttle Park and felt the spirit stirred in me to witness the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Word of God to the people.

I had saw a young [Hispanic] Mexican family and their young son and was contemplating whether to approach them... As I wavered I looked to my left and noticed an older Hispanic man sitting at a table under a tree reading a book with a notebook by his side.

The Spirit urged my spirit to step out in faith and finally just walk up to the elder man casually as though I'm minding my own business walking somewhere else to the side.

I had my small regular-sized KJV Holy Bible in my hand and I was going to ask the man if he was saved; to my astonishment he asked me, "What's that book in your hand? That the Word?" I said "Yes" and he said, "Well, that's good I'm over here reading and studying right now; why don't you go and sit with me?" And I did. From that point on I knew this encounter was truly of the Lord.

The Hispanic man introduced himself and I did the same. (Note: For privacy purposes I won't give the actual name of our brother in Christ but the first letter of his name; I'll call him "Mr. D or brother D.".)

Although I felt like saying something I did not feel led of the Lord to "cut-in" to Mr. D. talking; I noticed from the writing in his bible study notebook he seemed to be taking notes on (KJV) 1 Corinthians in God's Word from the title of his notebook page. From that point I was figuring the Lord may have brought us together to get into a little "Bible study time" but the Lord revealed to me this wasn't the case...

So Mr. D told me about his life before coming to know Christ and how he can't live without our Lord Jesus Christ and has to just stay in His Word every day. He told me how he was into drugs and doing "foul things" for fast money on the streets and how he got his girlfriend pregnant with their daughter and how he was smoking weed and going in-and-out of jail; but how he wanted to do right for his daughter and then-girlfriend at the time.

I heard my brother out and listened to the clear PEACE and friendly CALMNESS in his tone of voice and I knew he had found the Lord and was very excited to have someone hear him talk about Jesus; Someone I always love to hear talked about in such a positive manner.

Mr. D's father was a troubled man who had left him, Mr. D's siblings and mother in Denver Harbor, Houston, Texas; having sold their house and moving down to Mexico where he made a "new life" for himself with a two-story house, large acreage of land and all his earthly lusts; brother D. had moved into his sister's house and had continued the trouble with the temptations of street life of drinking alcohol, smoking weed and going in jail.

He had told me how "Even though I never wanted to acknowledge Him; I knew He was there and that He kept me alive 'cause He knowed I wanted to be alive deep down; stay alive for my daughter and my kids. It's like God knows your desires that you want to stay alive man; and He'll keep you alive."

Brother D. had 4 children with a second girlfriend after having separated with his first girlfriend he had his first daughter by. Having got into the Word by living in Truth, brother D. knows he should get married and not live in an ungodly worldly relationship of "boyfriend-girlfriend". It's not my business to personally say how things should go as brother D. had a daughter by his first girlfriend he did not marry; and so I leave that to prayer in God's Will... I pray only the best from God happens to Mr. D.

Brother D. told me how he had worshipped "idols" in his life "smoking weed, herbs and making fast money".

Mr. D. also referenced how making "ungodly gain" like "fast money" on the streets would not last in life and he told me that God has Scripture in His Word about that very thing and though I didn't say it at the time I think the Scripture he spoke of was in (KJV) Proverbs... A few come to mind...

KJV Proverbs 13:11, Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.

KJV Proverbs 15:16, Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.

KJV Proverbs 15:27, He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live.

KJV Proverbs 16:8, Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.

KJV Proverbs 28:20, A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.

KJV Proverbs 28:22, He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.

I learned from this God-willed experience that sometimes people just want to be LISTENED to not talked to. People want their life story to be unconditionally HEARD and not be judged for it in a negative way. People want to be known for who they are and not be judged for it; whether the judgment on their part is right or wrong.

If one can just hear a person's story out unconditionally without "adding in" any personal comments on that person's life; personal trust between that person develops and they often share more about themselves and their lives than they may even want to.

KJV Proverbs 15:1, A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

As a servant of Lord Jesus Christ, one is wise to be patient in hearing people out and then when appropriate give out godly counsel and advice in tactful, peaceful words in LOVE.

Sometimes you don't even have to say ANYTHING but just nod your head sparsely or express sincere caring gestures in your own personal body language that person can tell you care about them and what they are telling you. This may lead you to have opportunities in the Lord to witness the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Word of God to that person as you are led by the Spirit.

KJV Proverbs 17:27-28,

27 He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit.

28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
_____________________________________________________________________________

In real life I'm usually a very quiet, self-contained person (UNLESS I'm preaching lol...). I usually just listen and do not care to talk much unless to make important points, ask questions or give people support or comforting words, insights and advice.
_____________________________________________________________________________

After brother D.'s second girlfriend drove up in her white car to pick him up we said goodbye and I don't know if I'll ever see him again as we did not get around to getting each other's phone numbers or contact information; but Lord-wiling, maybe we might cross paths around town and get to know each other better. I pray that happens if it be the Lord's Will.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Brief Spontaneous "Piggly Wiggly" Surprise...

It's been a great while since I've had good opportunity to be able to give someone one of my handwritten " Jesus Christ LOVES ...