Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Downtown Houston: A Monday Walk In The City...

On Monday, October 17, 2016 was a VERY GOOD day I have to say in the Lord... Amen!

It was an early morning out and I was led of the Lord to walk on Hoffman Street and make a quick right turn onto the sidewalk of Hillsboro Street before making a right and walking on up Shotwell Street...

I met elder brother "J" on the way. An elder black homeless man I had met elsewhere in town and then met again in church at "Calvary Christian Center" Church on street address 544 Henke Street, Houston, Texas 77020.

Anywho, we both talked about "life situations" and parted ways... It was a good, needful talk in the Lord since I don't normally walk down Shotwell Street but I ran into elder brother "J" so that just confirmed the Word of the Lord I heard in my spirit concerning whether I should walk up Shotwell Street.


On my way to Downtown of Houston, I was walking on Lyons Avenue all the way down and it was a great journey...

Saw a black man relaxed sitting on a black iron bench, a young Asian woman looking in "sorrow"... A lot of people need JESUS... A spiritual "depression" in the air....

I smiled and met many different people along the way... I've walked under the huge, spread-out, sprawling tunnels and saw where the homeless people dwelled that were "cast out", "forgotten" and "denied" and "ignored" by society at large.

I've come to realize seeing both the poor and rich in the city... GOD is the MAKER of us all.

It was a profound surreal experience that doesn't do justice to "type up" in this mere post, but a faithful reminded...

Took a lot of good, interesting pictures along the way...

This was my first time to really get around to "exploring" the whole city downtown but I haven't even really "scratched the surface" of what all goes on in Downtown Houston.

So, on my way back home I met an elder black woman (who was homeless I think) sitting under an overpass seeing me in "good spirits" "smiling" she's like "You look happy, smiling" she smiling at me, I said, "Yep", smiling back and waved off as I made a good trip on foot back home...

A good inspiring and HUMBLING TIME in the Lord for what's to come... Amen!

~ Sincerely,

Bro. Jed

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Brief Spontaneous "Piggly Wiggly" Surprise...

It's been a great while since I've had good opportunity to be able to give someone one of my handwritten " Jesus Christ LOVES ...