Monday, April 9, 2018

A "Slow Walk of Grace"...

This happened on Sunday, March 25, 2018 after church service at SEEKERS POINT.

I was led of the Lord by the Holy Spirit to briefly street-preach from 12:02p.m. to 12:10p.m. walking on the roadside of University Avenue holding up the Bible with my hands to people driving pass me on University Avenue here in Hammond, LA...

So a "brief while later as I was walking smoothly and slowly a middle-aged-looking white man in his fifties or so was standing by a storm drain on the outskirts of the local used car sales dealer shop called "PAY DAY Used Cars".

The man just seemed to be "hanging out" taking his time but when I got a good look at his face - can't say for sure or not but he "looked sad", "depressed" or "downtrodden".

At that point I was thinkin' in my mind of handing him a "Jesus Christ LOVES You!" Gospel of Jesus Christ gospel tract but judging by "gut-instinct" and timing... The moment just wasn't right or "meant to be" to be more accurate. He didn't really want to be "engaged" in conversation at this time so-to-speak.

Not like I'm the kind of "talker" to keep on yappin' when somebody doesn't want to be bothered: I never talk to people just "out-of-the-blue" for no good reason.

I always have something to do.

I saw him while I was still in the midst of "witnessing" the Word to oncoming traffic on the road. Didn't really get to say much to the man besides saying, "Hello sir, are you alright?" to which he nodded yes and replied "Yeah..." but not saying much with me thinking he just wants to "be to himself" so I simply took the "cue" and slowly got back into "street-preaching" mode to hold up the Bible some more before stopping at 12:10p.m. when I checked my cell phone's time.

Stopped at Patti Road about to go on up to home for the afternoon... Amen.

~ Bro. Jed

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Brief Spontaneous "Piggly Wiggly" Surprise...

It's been a great while since I've had good opportunity to be able to give someone one of my handwritten " Jesus Christ LOVES ...